Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Triumphant Return of Elyson

Now before I begin allow me to dispel any notions of a bias from the start. It is true that I have been friends with Elyson lead singer Colin Batty for years. However when he told me he was the lead vocalist of a new band three years ago no one thought he'd fail more than I did. When I heard Elyson for the first time I was surprised at the maturity and talent in their music. But still something was lacking for me. I enjoyed their music but always felt something holding back when I listened to them. For those of you who don't know them Elyson is 5 piece screamo/ hardcore band from New Hampshire. They have been around for around three years and have released one EP and a video and played shows like madmen. Around six months ago two members left the band. For most bands this early in their career this could be devastating, but Elyson has proved that they aren't most bands. Elyson has come back with two new members; bassist Chris Pierson and guitarist Matt Munoz and have released a new song, "Exodus". "Exodus" marks the triumphant return of Elyson and has showed me the missing element of the old Elyson. Their older songs seemed to have intensity but always failed to truly explode or erupt into a heavier sound, think Underoath post Dallas Taylor. However "Exodus" is a song that does not hold back and gives you that explosiveness. Elyson is a new and revamped band with a fire no one can put out. With shows on deck and more songs on the way Elyson is on their way to being the next big band out of New Hampshire.
Please Visit myspace.com/elyson

No comments:

Post a Comment